“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Friday, February 17, 2012

What is it the kids say? Oh, Epic Fail...

I thought I could go through date night with my little guy without going off the GAPS diet. 
We went to see The Secret World of Arrietty.  I did not have any popcorn.  My guy ate the whole bag. 
We then went to Whole Foods Market.  I avoided all the samples.  We decided to eat dinner there.  He wanted pizza.  I looked at the soups.  Triple Squash Soup.  Sounds okay.  Let's read the ingredients.  They went something like this:  Acorn squash, Butternut squash, insert other squash here, salt, pepper, nutmeg, turbinado sugar.  Darn.  Well, I'm super hungry.  A little won't hurt.  I got the medium sized bowl.  I ate about 1/4 of it, if that.  Maybe about a 1/3 of a cup full I'd say. 
The guy wants ice cream.  Off to ColdStone Creamery.  I was okay until I saw their new flavor - Lemon Cheesecake.  I decided to get a sample - about a 1/2 tsp sized taste.  I then moved on to order a kids' size, but please cut that in half.  I wolfed down that 1/4 cup of Lemon Cheesecake goodness.  Then I felt guilty. 
I'm sure tomorrow I'll feel awful...if not later tonight. 

I had 3 or 4 teaspoons of raw homemade yogurt today in my soups.  I've been slightly gassy all night, beginning before the movies.  I'm eating a bowl of soup now without the yogurt.  I'm going to skip yogurt tomorrow and see how I feel. 

Saving Grace?  The next two date nights I'll be staying home because it's my husband's turn.  Perhaps I should refrain from date night while on the intro diet, huh?

Here's a great post from Cara at Health, Home & Happiness on what to do if you cheat and what symptoms you can expect.  http://www.healthhomehappy.com/2012/02/gaps-cheats-what-to-do-if-you-cheat-how-to-cheat-with-minimal-harm.html

No comments:

Post a Comment