“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 5 - Stage 2 (day 2)

Today was by far the hardest.  I watch a friend's kids at their home and I had to prepare my lunch there.  I brought enough ingredients, but forgot the kimchi and egg.  I also didn't bring anything to snack on besides ginger tea and peppermint tea.  I was in a house with ice cream, peanut butter cups, Girl Scout cookies (hello Samoas!) and other leftover Halloween and Valentine's Day candy.  The only thing keeping me from indulging, besides the state of my hands, was the thought of what my stomach would feel like and the possible headache I'd get.  I'm going to have to plan a bit better for those days.  I'll make my soup ahead of time and pack the egg and kimchi.  I'll also have to make sure that I have enough something for a snack.  The tea was good, but hardly satisfying as a snack. 


 
1/2 lb Ground beef
2 carrots
4 brussel sprouts
couple stalks of broccoli
couple of cauliflower
some leek
1 clove garlic
broth
sea salt
1 egg yolk


Same as above, just topped with kimchi


No comments:

Post a Comment