“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 12, Stage 3 (day 3)

Today is Thursday again.  I managed very well today while not being at home.  I remembered food.  I actually brought too much.  I was going to attempt making pancakes with sunbutter (we're allergic to nuts), eggs and winter squash.  I couldn't find the time.  No.  That's not really it.  There isn't a concrete recipe in the GAPS book, so I think I was a bit intimidated by the thought of winging it.  I found a recipe for squash pancakes on Health, Home & Happiness, so I'll try those tomorrow. 

This is day number two with avocado incorporated into my soups.  No adverse reactions. 
I'm still eating kimchi.  I'll be heading out to find Bubbies pickles tomorrow.  And probably sauerkraut.  I'll give it another go. 

Tonight I had another soup.  For me, soups are easy meals.  The less dishes I need to clean, the better, especially since I'm cooking a completely other meal for the rest of my family.

1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 sweet onion
1 small zucchini
2 plum tomatoes
handful of dried eggplant (from last summer's harvest)
3 cloves garlic
sea salt
pepper
2 tsp. dried basil (from last summer's garden)

boil 25 minutes.

I ate my kimchi on the side.  There's a poached egg at the bottom of the soup somewhere.  I'm skipping the avocado with this meal.  I ate a whole avocado between breakfast and lunch. 

I also juiced a lot today. 
6 carrots
2 celery stalks
1/2 inch slice of ginger (about an inch and a half diameter)

No comments:

Post a Comment