“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 3

I slathered my hands in coconut oil last night and then put on a pair of disposable vinyl gloves.  I wore these for a few hours.  This minimized how dry my hands appeared.  There's not much I can do for the rest of me, but that's okay.  No one can see those parts.  And I don't do much with my knees.

Yesterday's Lunch:

Beef and Broccoli Soup

Ground beef - about a handful of it.
broccoli
red onion
salt and pepper
3 cups chicken broth
Boil 30 minutes.


This morning's breakfast:

Chicken and Broccoli Soup

meat of 3 small chicken legs
1/2 the white part of 1 leek
1 bunch of broccoli
1 clove garlic
about 4 cups of chicken broth
Boil 30 minutes

add 1 tsp kimchi liquid after soup cools.


Stage 1 calls for boiled meat.  Natasha Campbell-McBride says to drink broth with every meal and at least one soup per day.  I don't think I could just eat boiled meat with a side of boiled vegetables.  I eat soup for each meal.  Broth, boiled meat and veggies in one. 

The first day I was pretty hungry.  Yesterday I was hungry too.  I'm still feeling hungry.  What I contribute it is to having a different idea of what being "full" is like.  Grains and dairy provide a different fullness than meat and veggies.  If I eat a bowl of cereal or macaroni and cheese I feel like taking a nap.  My belly also feels like there's a brick in it.  This is from the opiate-like reaction from the dairy and grains.  Milk contains a protein called casein that breaks apart during digestion to release a whole host of opiates called casomorphins.  My family drinks raw milk, but in small quantities.  I also make yogurt, sour cream, butter and buttermilk from raw yogurt.  We rarely mix dairy and grains, and if we do, it's plain to see the reaction as everyone slumps on the couch. 

When I feel hungry, I drink more broth.  I was busy yesterday, so I only ate 3 times.  The day before I ate 4 times. 

I also added a teaspoon of kimchi liquid to my soup today.  I'm not a fan of sauerkraut, but I love kimchi.  My mom, however, is in Florida for the next month and a half so I will not be consuming homemade kimchi.  I am spending a ridiculous amount of money for a small jar of it.  I am deficient at making kimchi.  I need to remedy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment