“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 15, Stage 3, Day 6

I made the pancakes again.  This time I used raw sunflower seeds.  I blended all the ingredients in the food processor.  They were not smooth and thin like the other ones.  They were puffier and had bits of sunflower seed in them, giving them texture.  I liked them much better. 

Add caption
New pancake recipe:  2 eggs (we have chickens, so our eggs are super fresh), 1 cup cooked butternut squash, 1 cup sunflower seeds. 
Mix everything up until it's all blended.  It won't be totally smooth, or at least my very old food processor didn't let it get smooth, but that's okay. 


See how much fluffier they are?  Well, maybe not fluffy, but they're thicker and dense and nuttier...or seedier.  Nuttier sounds more delicious than seedierSeedier just sounds...suspect. 

I also scrambled an egg, with leftover egg whites from all those egg yolks I had been eating, with some coconut oil.  I have not made any ghee yet. 
Combined with half an avocado and I was totally content with my breakfast.  My husband even enjoyed some and actually had another serving.  I think aliens might have taken over his body.

No comments:

Post a Comment