“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 14, Stage 3 (day 5)

Bubbies Sauerkraut and dill pickles.  I love their pickles!  And they are naturally fermented.  Perfection.
I had never had sauerkraut until today.  I have to be honest.  Off the fork to the mouth...it was terrible.  Well, maybe not terrible.  But it wasn't good.  Mixed in my soup, well, that's another story.  It added a wonderful flavor.

Today's Soup:

1lb ground beef
2 small tomatoes
1 sweet onion
1 small head broccoli
3 cloves garlic
1 turnip
1/8 orange pepper
sea salt
pepper
basil
1 poached egg
2 tbs Bubbies sauerkraut

I've been eating it all day.  It's super yummy. 
My husband has decided to try GAPS for heartburn, crankiness and general overall well-being.  He'll start at the end of the week.  This is going to get interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment