“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 9, Stage 2

I've been on Stage 2 for a long time now.  After doing some research, some people only stay on it for a day or two, depending upon their reactions.  I don't really understand that because beginning in Stage 2 you have a whole array of foods to choose from to work back in.  If you go too quickly, how can you tell what reaction is from which food? 
I've been going about it like feeding an infant for the first time.  I introduce one new food a day.  Today was tomatoes.  Yay, tomatoes!

I only added in one small tomato to my soup.  I was fine.  I had no reason to think I wouldn't be, though.  I have always tolerated tomatoes well.  I think what skeeves me out a bit is that I think I had a reaction to dairy.  Tomorrow I'll be adding in a new veggie.  Probably peas.  Maybe I'll do a new veggie per meal, since I only eat 3 meals and one pureed soup snack.  And by the way, can I just say that going through the grocery store is hell.  Yes. Hell.  I almost bought a peanut butter cup, a Twinkie ( I never eat those either) and an orange.  I really, really wanted an orange.  
Soup:
1 chicken breast
1/2 sweet onion
1 basil leaf
1 small tomato
sea salt
broth


The egg didn't mix in so well...soup was too hot and I didn't stir it enough right away.  It was still yummy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment