“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 16, Stage 3

The blob in the background is on my window, not the glass...not that it makes it better...


I juiced the celery last.  Hence, the greenish juice on top.
I really like juicing.  Let's not talk about the 5 2lb bags of carrots I buy a week, though.  Fortunately, my chickens love the pulp.  They won't eat a carrot, but they'll snack on the pulp.  Whatever they don't eat will become compost, so all is good.  This concoction, which a good photographer would have shot without the dribbles down the side, was yummy. 

Today's Juice:

6 organic carrots
2 organic stalks of celery
1 slice of ginger, about 1/2 inch thick and round.
chunk of beet  (I've read that beet should only be 5% of your juicing veggies)
1 kale leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment