“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 7, Stage 2 (day 4)

I introduced raw homemade yogurt yesterday. 
I didn't have a bowl movement.
I was also gassy beginning late afternoon.

I'm cutting out yogurt.  I'll try it again next week.

According to Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
"In cases of stubborn constipation, introduce freshly pressed juices earlier in the diet, from stage 2: start from carrot juice first thing in the morning and take your cod liver oil at the same time.  The juice will stimulate bile production as many cases of persistent constipation are due to poor bile production.  When there is not enough bile, the fats in the food do not digest well; instead they react with salts and form soap in the gut, causing constipation.  Removing dairy may also help."

I don't have a juicer just yet.  I think I'll head out today for one. 

Juicing is expensive - both the juicer and the produce.  I'm not sure how much juicing I'll actually get to do. 

Today's breakfast -

1 chicken breast
1 sweet onion
2 carrots
1 sprig parsley
sea salt

I keep a perpetual crockpot of broth going.  Last night I threw in 2 chicken breasts with bones into the crockpot.  This morning, my chicken was ready.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment