“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 21, Stage 4 (day 5)

I had a minor setback.  Well, not really a set back.  My husband wanted to start GAPS.  So for the past two days I had been getting him on track as much as possible.  Yesterday, day 2, he informed me that he was done.  He needed food options.  Really...day 2?  He wanted to start GAPS for weight loss and overall health...but he wasn't that invested in it.  So, he's off GAPS and I'm back on track. 

Benefits of having both parents on GAPS - only feeling compelled to make one meal instead of two or three.  The children, who have protested soups and deemed me at the worst mom and cook ever, have now fallen in love with the ground beef and broccoli soup.  My middle son, who is 4, said, "Thank you mom, for making a soup that we like.  I just love you!"  I smiled, hugged him and said, "You're welcome, sweetie."  I was thinking, however, "This is the same stinkin' soup I've been making every two days for the past 3 weeks!"

Yesterday morning I had this breakfast:

avocado, scrambled eggs with onion in coconut oil

This morning I had this breakfast:

Two scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil.  Sauteed onions in pork fat and coconut oil. 
Homemade sausage patties:

1 lb ground pork
1-2 tbs sage
1 tbs thyme
some sea salt, freshly ground pepper
some cayenne pepper - I think I did about 6-7 shakes of the bottle.  I was afraid of it being too spicy for the kids.

Mix well, form into patties, bake at 350 until done.  If I can smell them, they're done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment