“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 23, Stage 5 (day 1)

This morning, in addition to my carrot, celery, beet, ginger juice, I added half of a Braeburn apple.  Half.  It was so sweet that it was hard to drink it all.  All I kept thinking was, "Wow! This is sooo sweet!" 

For lunch I had leftover roasted chicken breast, 3 tbs of soured cream with a little sea salt and two Bubbies kosher dill pickles.  The salty soured cream with the chicken reminded me of cheese. 

I baked an apple and I added a drizzle of honey.  I ate 1/4 of it and gave the rest to my son...who inhaled it. 

I couldn't get that apple out of my head.  So, I baked 5 of them for after dinner.  I ate mine and then took bites of someone else's (who promptly yelled, "Hey!!!")

Don't be surprised if I throw up from the cheating. 

The GAPS book says to eat a spoonful one day, then wait two days and introduce some more, if all is well.  I couldn't help myself.  It was just so yummy. 

For dinner I had ground beef and broccoli soup...again.  The kids love it.  To get the kids to eat it, I puree the onions prior to putting them in the pot.  If my eldest does not see onions, he's fine.  He thinks it's just beef and broccoli.  It's the same with coconut oil.  If you don't tell him there's coconut oil in something, if it's not noticeable, he's enjoying every last bite.  If he finds out there's coconut oil in it, he promptly puts it down, expresses how much he hates coconut oil, and walks away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment