“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 32, Stage 5-ish...again.

I made a super delicious cake today with coconut flour.  I got a recipe for a blueberry cupcake, but I didn't have paper muffin cups, so I just lined a pie plate with parchment, lessened the honey content and called it breakfast. 

As you can see, there wasn't much left over.  Actually, I had to rip the pie plate from my son's hands in order to take the picture.  

Here's the recipe with my own twists -

1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
one egg
2 egg whites (I would have used 3 eggs, but I didn't have any...)
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup frozen blueberries

Mix all dry ingredients together.  Mix all wet ingredients together, sans blueberries.  Mix wet with dry until smooth.  Fold in blueberries.  Pour in parchment lined glass pie plate.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes.  It still seemed a bit wet in the middle.  Perhaps it was because of my substitutions.  It was still yummy.  Yes, I ate some.  I hadn't had blueberries yet (and they weren't organic...gasp!), but I seemed to fare well with them today. 

1 comment:

  1. Try Psoeasy natural treatment. I was advised with it by my GP who couldn't help my psoriasis. Nothing she prescribed had a solid effect on my condition so we started looking for unconventional natural
    psoriasis treatment and it has proved to be extremely effective.

    ReplyDelete