“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 31, Stage 5

Nothing crazy was eaten today.  No gas or stomach pains either. 

Hamburgers w/avocado and tomato for breakfast.  Lunch was leftover hamburger and some asparagus soup.  Dinner was chicken sausage w/onions and peppers.  Late night snack - carrot juice.

I recently went to see an applied kinesiologist.  He told me that the Cod Liver oil wasn't what my body wanted or needed...so I'm now taking a DHA.  My body apparently LOVES the Bio Kult probiotics.  I was also put on a Riboflavin (vitamin b), which makes my urine fluorescent yellow and a molybdenum.  I will say that I will finish out the bottles, but not buy more.  I researched molybdenum online and it isn't something that people are usually short on.  In very rare cases there is a deficiency.  I've been super sleepy, and coincidentally, over usage of molybdenum causes sleepiness. 

I also stopped eating pork.  My fingers started to peel again.  They had been peel-free for two weeks.  Then, I started eating sausage like it was going out of style.  I love pork and was so thrilled that my butcher could make a sugar-free pork sausage.  I did some more online research and found that pork and psoriasis can go hand-in-hand.  I stopped eating it 6 days ago and the peeling is not getting worse.  It's fading away. 

Getting to know my triggers is key.  I get frustrated when things go awry, but I'm thankful that I'm so in tune with what is going on that I'm able to eventually see what is adversely affecting my body.  Instead of masking the symptoms...taking a pill for the ill...I'm getting to the root of the problem.  I am sad that bacon may not be a part of my life anymore... Gosh...I love bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment