“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 30, Stage 5.5...ish

After throwing so much carrot pulp into the chicken coop and compost, I decided to find a recipe using it.  I found one for Basil crackers. 

Basil crackers

I also made a batch of GAPS legal macaroons.  I ate quite a few of those. 

I also made Hempseed Apricot Chews from Whole Foods Market. 

I ate one of those. 

My belly did not like something I ate today. 

Today, I'll go back to soups for a day or two to give my insides a rest.   

by Sophie Quinn

carrot or vegetable pulp from juicing (about 5 cups)
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 cup basil, chopped or dried handful cylantro, chopped
2 ripe tomatos, chopped
1 cup (or more) sprouted and crushed nuts (almonds, sesame, sunflower...etc.)
- I used raw pepitas
sea salt, dulse or braggs to taste

Use a spatula to spread over teflex sheet in dehydrator or pan in oven and dehydrate for about 8 hrs or until completely dry. Wonderful with guacamole or other dips! Also a great way to make convience food out of compost.
I ate a handful of them.  They were dry, but my husband made mini sandwiches with them.  My kids put cream cheese in between them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment