“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

-Hippocrates

Monday, December 9, 2013

Almost 2 years later... Reboot

I haven't been posting because all has been quiet.  The psoriasis is pretty much at bay.  I still get a dry patch on my ankle, but nothing red and painful and scaly.  The skin on my hands is a little dry as well.  I'll have small bouts of fingertip peeling if I eat too much gluten.  It's almost nonexistent in the summer.  However, my feet got really dry and peely during the summer.  I can't make sense of that.

Now...

My cholesterol level is 317.  My vitamin D is 16.  I still have psoriasis.  I still have carpal tunnel.  I am sensitive to caffeine and sugar (I'm talking raging bitch kind of sensitive - the kind that makes me say, "Why are the kids acting so crazy?! And it's really just me being overly sensitive to their normal behavior).  My asthma came back where I needed to use an inhaler every day for the month of September/October.  I hadn't used it like that ever.  I'm under a ton of stress from work and personal stuff.  My body is out. of. whack.

I feel like I need to start the intro again...  While I did a pretty great job last time.  I'd like to start over again and lengthen each stage.  There was one month where I ate a few donuts every day.  Ouch.

Today was Day 1...again.

I drank a TON of broth.  Took some fermented cod liver oil, probiotics and vitamin D.  I had chicken, onion and zucchini soup for lunch and dinner.  Perpetual broth in the crock now.  Chamomile tea and a mug of broth waiting on the counter for me...

2 comments:

  1. So what was it that you felt was so beneficial the last time you took on the GAPS diet? Rooting for you!

    Shyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shyla ~ My whole overall health improved. My psoriasis cleared up, my carpal tunnel was nonexistent (it reappears once I start eating wheat daily), hair and nails were amazing. My seasonal allergies and asthma didn't bother me. I had better clarity and overall mood was good. My body just seemed to react really well to the GAPS diet. It does not like wheat...at all. Or refined sugar. I have discovered that drinking decaf coffee with one sugar makes me insane. My poor children...

    ReplyDelete